Fire alarm!!!

10:10 / Por Antonio /

Well, I have been thinking about writing some posts in English for some time now, that way you will practice and I will do also, so here you have the first one for you to enjoy. For those who thought this was going to be a Laura post, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but be sure she will write soon, real soon.

And well, now the real thing. I wanted to write here about fire alarms, it looks like Irish are used to water and humidity and green and all that stuff, and well it is ok for them BUT... I think that's the reason why they are so worried about fire, uuuuuu... FIRE. I can't understand that in a country where it rains so much and you have so much water to spend they have such safety measures against fire, where is the point about it?

The thing is last Friday when we were working down here in the lab ( I want to soon show you the lab and the university and those... just let me have some time to take some pictures and I will) suddenly the fire alarm sounded and I thought "what the hell is this, what a horrible noise" and a second after the meeting we were having between the two of us (my peer Haymon and me) with our two professors (Liam and Philip) was gone, we had to exit the building because we were having a fire alarm test!!! OMG!!!

So there we were, everyone on the lab and in the whole building going to the front entrance, outside and cold, to make the fire alarm simulation thing... so nice. And there we stayed for a long time while the alarm kept ringing and pushing our ears hard. At least I made some new friends to talk. Then between 5 and 10 minutes later, the alarm stopped sounding and we could get inside again to work, yeah thats right, work, hard work, because that's the real thing I want to do here, work and learn (thats not exactly what I'm doing rigth now cos I am in the lab writing this post instead of working... hehe). Well the truth is I'm waiting for my professor Philip to come down when he finishes a meeting with some people from Cisco.

Well and that was all the story until this morning when I was walking through the campus and when I was entering the building at 9:30, guess what? The fire alarm started ringing again, so I turned around and went outside, to wait for everyone who was going to come to the entrance to do the fire alarm testing thing again... NICE. And that was it, we had to wait another 5 or 10 minutes out there, where I again made some new friends, but in this case we have a really nice and sunny day, so there was nothing to worry about coldness.

And that was all, Jen, a peer from the lab, told me we will be repeating this thing until we are able to get out of the building in less than 3 minutes... so I guess we are going to have to repeat this a couple more times, be sure I'll let you know when this happens.

And thats all for this post in English, if you got here I'm very happy you were able to read all this, and in English, and also hoping you liked it. Regards to you all.

5 comentarios:

Comment by Euge on 8 de octubre de 2008, 17:36

Hey!! I have finished reading it without any problem... That's nice because I haven't used English since my Firs Certificate and this was 2 years ago...

I think it's possible that posting in English makes you loose some readers (it's not my case but maybe others...). Lucia will hate you hehe.

And well, about your story I hope you've got warm clothes for all these 'fire tests' that will be happening until all of you are fast enough (hahaha).

Don't turn ill !!!

And what about Laura and her new job??

Best wishes.

Anónimo on 9 de octubre de 2008, 16:37

Si la finalidad era que supiéramos cosas de vosotros, así mal, eh? Veo que Euge ya esperaba alguna respuesta similar de mi jajaja.

Anónimo on 10 de octubre de 2008, 11:54

E intentao leer todo y t juro q lo iba cnsiguiendo pero...¿tu sabes q fatiga tio? Dale al español que se q se te da muxo mejor jajaja.

Bueno aparte de esto, ya veo q todo os va muy bien. Me alegro muxoooo y espero que tengais muxiiiisima suerteeeeee. Incluso Laura me esta dando envidia con ese de aprender el ingles tan rapidito en la academia jajaj. Enga chicos a cudiarse y a ver si os pasais algun dia por España jaja. Un abrazo pa cada uno...adeuuuuuuu

Comment by Antonio on 10 de octubre de 2008, 13:33

Jajajaja ya veo que el ingles esta siendo controvertido en este blog, bueno me alegro porque eso le da interes a la cosa. Ya vereis mas sorpresas.

Un abrazo a todos.

Comment by Unknown on 15 de octubre de 2008, 17:03

I can read all. Now I have some problem on my writing.

kises, Roger

Publicar un comentario